MOSSLEY’s GROT spots will be soon under attack from the rubbish munching Litter Bugs group.
And a regular clean up schedule starts on Saturday, June 10 with an event dubbed ‘the Aftermath.’
Volunteers are asked to meet at the Market Ground at 10am to tackle the customary debris following the Whit Friday walks and Brass Band contest.
Adults, children and even dogs are welcome at all litter picks. Pickers and gloves can be provided but organisers say if you have your own, please bring them.
Sturdy footwear or wellies are also advised.
The full list of dates is:
- Saturday, July 8: Meet the Litter Bugs at Marvellous Mossley, 10am-3pm
- Saturday, August 5: Brookfields Blitz round three. Meet Spring Street community garden, 10am.
- Saturday, September 2: Picker’s Pub Crawl, meet at the Butcher’s Arms at 4pm. Pick to the Rising Sun and finish with pizza.
- Sunday, October 8: 8th Bottom to Top. Meet at 2pm at the train station and pick up the hill to plant bulbs in the orchard at 3pm.
- Saturday, November 11: Find A Firework Frolic, 10am meet at Egmont Street playing fields at 10am.
- Sunday, December 10: Winter Warmer. Meet at Flying Teapot at 11am. Litter pick at valley bottom and then back for a brew.